Bratwurst with Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Splash of Mighty Unsweetened M.lk
- 500 g potatoes peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 175 g carrots peeled and diced
- 6 tbsp cooking water (the water the veggies were cooked in)
- 75 g nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 2-3 cloves garlic
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp white miso paste (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce (or your favourite hot sauce)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Bring a medium-large pan of water to the boil.
- Add your carrots and potatoes and boil for around 15 mins until the vegetables are soft.
- Whilst the veggies are boiling, cook your bratwurst according to the instructions
- Once the veggies are cooked, drain (keeping the water) and add to a blender, with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend for a few mins, until you get a nice, thick, creamy cheese sauce.
- Drizzle all over your bratwurst and pair with a delicious vegan hot chocolate or a warming mulled wine.