Cherry and Chocolate Protein Rice Pudding Recipe
Yup, we’re bringing it back. We’ve taken this old school classic and made it cool again.
Rice pudding is the ultimate British dessert, but with a boost of plant-powered protein it makes a healthy and delicious breakfast too.
In fact, scientific research (by real scientists btw!) has shown that eating a high protein, nutrient-packed breakfast, is the best way to set you up for the day ahead.
For starters, protein is filling and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. And unlike carb-heavy breakfasts – think cereal or toast and jam – protein provides a slower, more sustained release of energy to keep you going until lunch time!
So next time you’re craving dessert for breakfast give this Cherry and Chocolate Vegan Protein Rice Pudding recipe a go. It’s the ultimate combination of carbs and protein and is 100% vegan!
It gets better. Every serving of MIGHTY Ultimate Plant Protein Powder packs 20g of plant-based protein, not to mention the 15 minerals and vitamins.
Looking for meal prep ideas? This recipe makes 3 servings so is the ideal high-protein breakfast to make up at the start of the week and keep in the fridge.
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:25 mins
Protein Rice Pudding Ingredients:
- 200g of arborio rice (or pudding rice)
- 1l of MIGHTY Semi Not Milk
- 6 heaped tablespoons of MIGHTY Ultimate Super Berry Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon of cacao
- 240 g cherries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoon of water
- 3 teaspoon maple syrup
How to Make Protein Rice Pudding
- Add the rice to a saucepan with 500 ml of MIGHTY Semi Not Milk. Slowly bring the mixture to the boil on the hob making sure to keep stirring regularly.
- Turn down to a simmer and keep stirring regularly (try stop it from sticking to the bottom of the pan!) whilst slowing adding the remaining milk.
- Simmer for approx. 20 mins or until the rice is soft.
- Take off the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, put your cherries, water and maple syrup in a saucepan and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the MIGHTY Ultimate Super Berry Protein Powder to the cooled rice pudding, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well and adding any leftover milk if needed!
- Spoon the rice pudding into a bowl and top with cherries.
Cherry and Chocolate Protein Rice Pudding Macros:
Calories (kcal): 711
Why not also try…
Apple and salted caramel protein rice pudding
We’re reinventing rice pudding with this salted caramel and apple twist. Think sweet, salty caramel with soft caramelized apple – dee-licious!
Plus, we a boost of plant-powdered protein it makes the ultimate healthy and delicious breakfast.
Full recipe here
Super berry protein porridge with strawberries
A delightful mix of MIGHTY Super Berry Protein Powder with porridge oats, salt, non-dairy yoghurt and MIGHTY Unsweetened Pea M.LK.
Looks amazing, tastes even better, and packed with goodies to keep you going. Check out the full recipe here.