Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 35mins
Ingredients serves 4
For the topping;
- 1 butternut squash
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 200ml MIGHTY M.LKOLOGY
- 2 red chillis deseeded and chopped
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
For the lentil filling;
- 360g cooked jarred brown lentils
- 400g cooked tinned green lentils
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 celery stick diced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 small courgette diced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 700ml no chicken broth
- 1 tsp white miso
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp mint sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g purple kale
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Firstly peel and half the butternut squash and discard the seeds cut each half into fourths lengthways put on a baking tray and drizzle with the rapeseed oil, season and roast for 20-25 mins or until soft.
- Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes, simmer for 15-20mins.
- In a heavy bottomed frying pan heat the olive oil, now add the carrot, onion and celery and fry until the onion goes translucent and soft, now add the drained lentils and stir in the plain flour, stir in the no chicken broth, mint sauce, white miso and whole grain mustard and chopped courgette, simmer for 15mins until the sauce has thickened, season to taste and stir in the chopped flat leaf parsley and remove from the heat.
- Now drain the sweet potatoes and mash in the pan, whisk in the MIGHTYLKOLOGY and mix in the chopped red chilli’s, take the butternut squash from the oven and chop into big chunks and add to the sweet potato mash, gently folding them into the mash.
- In an oven proof dish around 22cm x 16cm add your shepherd lentil sauce and top with the chilli, sweet potato butternut mash, bake in the oven until the top crisps up a little.
- Meanwhile in a pan of salted boiling water blanch your purple kale.
- Serve your lentil shepherds pie onto four plates with a side of the kale, minty, meatless and MIGHTY.