Apple and Salted Caramel Protein Rice Pudding Recipe
We’re reinventing rice pudding with this salted caramel and apple twist. Think sweet, salty caramel with soft caramelized apple – dee-licious! Plus, an added boost of plant protein powder makes the ultimate macro-friendly and delicious breakfast.
In fact, scientific research (by real scientists btw!) has shown that eating a high protein, nutrient-packed breakfast, is the best way to set you up for the day ahead.
For starters, protein is filling and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. And unlike carb-heavy breakfasts – think cereal or toast and jam – protein provides a slower, more sustained release of energy to keep you going until lunch time!
So next time you’re craving dessert for breakfast give this Apple and Salted Caramel Vegan Protein Rice Pudding recipe a go. It’s the ultimate combination of carbs and protein and is 100% vegan!
It gets better. Every serving of MIGHTY Ultimate Plant Protein Powder packs 20g of plant-based protein, not to mention 15 minerals and vitamins.
Looking for meal prep ideas? This recipe makes 3 servings so is the ideal high-protein breakfast to make up at the start of the week and keep in the fridge.
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:25 mins
Protein Rice Pudding Ingredients:
- 200g of arborio rice (or pudding rice)
- 1l of MIGHTY Whole Not Milk
- 6 heaped tablespoons of MIGHTY Ultimate Salted Caramel Protein Powder
- 2 apples - Cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon of vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
How to Make Protein Rice Pudding
- Add the rice to a saucepan with 500 ml of MIGHTY Whole Not Milk. Slowly bring to the boil on the hob, stirring regularly.
- Turn down to a simmer and keep stirring regularly (try stop it from sticking to the bottom of the pan!) whilst slowing adding the remaining milk.
- Simmer for approx. 20 mins or until the rice is soft.
- Take off the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, melt your butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Once the butter stops melting, add the apple wedges cooking until they start to brown.
- Add the maple syrup and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until golden and syrupy.
- Add the Salted Caramel Protein Powder to the cooled rice mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well and adding any leftover milk if needed!
- Spoon your rice pudding into a bowl and top with the apple wedges.
Apple and Salted Caramel Protein Rice Pudding Macros:
Calories (kcal): 643
Why not also try…
Cherry and chocolate protein rice pudding
Yup, we’re bringing it back. We’ve taken this old school classic and made it cool again.
Rice pudding is the ultimate British dessert, but with a boost of plant-powered protein it makes a healthy and delicious breakfast too.
Find the full recipe here
Super berry protein porridge with strawberries
A delightful mix of MIGHTY Super Berry Protein Powder with porridge oats, salt, non-dairy yoghurt and MIGHTY Unsweetened Pea M.LK. Looks amazing, tastes even better, and packed with goodies to keep you going.
Check out the full recipe here.