A delicious vegan baked schnitzel made using our versatile MIGHTY M.lkology and Weetabix’s iconic biscuits.
- Prep Time
- 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15-20 minutes
Vegan White Gravy (for use with Schnitzel):
- 50g vegan butter
- 50g flour
- 400 ml M.LKOLOGY Whole
Vegan Schnitzel & Slaw:
- 2tbsp light vegan mayonnaise
- 2 vegan chicken breasts or 1 pack of your preferred tofu
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g lightly crushed Weetabix
- 4 tbs chicken seasoning (vegan)
- 300ml M.LKOLOGY whole
- 130g Plain Flour
- 130g Gram Flour
- Olive oil or Light fry
- 1 Apple, slice fine on a mandolin or grated
- 1 Carrot, sliced fine using a peeler or grated
- 1 Small Bulb of Fennel, slice fine on a mandolin or grated
- Juice 1 Lemon
- Pinch Sea Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and drizzle olive oil over or spray until coated with Light Fry spray. Place baking sheet in preheated oven.
- If using tofu, flatten your tofu so it’s all about 1/4-inch thick. Season your ‘chicken breasts’ or tofu, with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and ‘chicken’ seasoning together on a large plate. Combine both flours with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl and add M.LKOLOGY until the mixture resembles that of a beaten egg mixture. This will be your coating. Mix bread crumbs and Weetabix biscuit crumbs together on a separate large plate. Dredge each ‘chicken’ piece in flour coating, and then bread crumbs mixture.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and arrange ‘chicken’ or tofu in 1 layer on the sheet. Drizzle more olive oil over each piece of coated ‘chicken’ or tofu.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip ‘chicken’ or tofu, and continue baking until the breading is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Serve with our Vegan White Gravy on top and slaw on the side (to create the slaw, simply mix all the prepped ingredients together).