- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 200g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 170g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 180g golden caster sugar
- Sea salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 230ml Unsweetened M.lk
- 200g pecan nuts
Here’s the Reci-Pea so you can get cracking immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Grease a square baking tin (roughly 20cm) with a little oil, then line with greaseproof paper.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water. Break 150g of chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds, then add them to the bowl. Stir in the oil, Pea M.lk and melted chocolate until combined.
- Roughly chop and stir in the remaining chocolate and most of the pecans, keeping some for the top. Pour the mixture into the tin, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle the leftover pecans on top, then place into the hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked on the outside, but still gooey in the middle.
- Leave to cool for around 5 minutes, then serve warm with a scoop of vegan ice cream.