Prep time; 20mins
Cook time; 30mins
Ingredients serves 4
- 1 pack of ready rolled vegan shortcrust pastry
- 1 pack of ready rolled vegan puff pastry
- 200g of meatless chicken
- 2 large leeks sliced into 4cm pieces and washed
- 1 onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 30g parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 200ml vegan chicken broth
- 200ml MIGHTY M.LKOLOGY
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Dijon mustard
- Plain flour
- Vegan spread
- Extra MIGHTY M.LKOLOGY to brush the pie with.
- 8 Maris piper potatoes peeled and each cut into four.
- 100ml MIGHTY M.LKOLOGY
- Salt & pepper
- Green beans
- Method preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Firstly take the two packs of pastry out of the fridge, this will allow them to warm slightly and make it easier to work with.
- Bring a heavy bottomed frying pan and X3 tbsp of oil to a medium-high heat, season the pan and add the meatless chicken, keep turning the chicken to prevent it from sticking, once you have some colour add the onion and leeks, fry until the onion has turned translucent and the leeks are soft, turn down the heat and add the white miso and Dijon mustard fry for one minute and add the vegan chicken broth, mix well and add your MIGHTYLKOLOGY, now in a small ramekin add your corn flour and a splash of MIGHTY, mix to make a loose paste and add it to the pie filling combine into the mix and turn up the heat leave on a rapid simmer for 10mins to thicken.
- Take a metal pie dish, no bigger than the pastry sheets and rub with vegan butter ensure the whole inside of the dish is covered, now add two tbsp of plain flour to the pie dish and cover the inside and knock out the excess, this with prevent your pastry from sticking to the pie dish, gently unroll your shortcrust pastry and form it into the dish leave the excess hanging over the edge, now prick the bottom with a fork several times, add your pie mix into the pie dish levelling where needed, now unroll the puff pastry and flatten the pastry around the edge of the dish brush with MIGHTYLKOLOGY and gently put the puff pastry on top push the pastry’s together gently and using a paring knife trim off the excess pastry and discard. Using your forefinger and thumb or the back of a fork crimp the pastry together around the edge, now put a small slit in the middle of the pie top to let the steam out and brush with MIGHTYM.LKOLOGY put in the preheated over for 25-30mins.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil to cook your green beans.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water simmer your potatoes for 25-30mins or until a knife point enters them easily, now mash with a splash of MIGHTYLKOLOGY and season to taste.
- When the pie is nicely golden serve with mash and green beans and a good spoonful of Dijon mustard.